Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Autumn in Seattle

21st October to 24th October, 2011:

I love Seattle! Its cold, its wet and rainy....but this city has just grown on me.

The last 4 days we spent getting reacquainted with this city, like catching up with an old friend. Its freeway system, its quirky weather (rain one minute, brilliant sun the next), its gazillion parks, the floating bridge, the fall colors at the Arboretum, Husky stadium....were all there waiting for us.

Seattle does not have fall colors like the East Coast, but I saw some gorgeous splashes of red and orange colors I had to take pictures of.




We met up with lots of friends, ate good food and exchanged news from the past years. I went to Trader Joes and oohed and aahed like an Indian tourist....even though I had shopped there so many times in the past.

In other words, I had a lot of fun. We'll be back here in Seattle in about 3 weeks time, I have still so many things to do and friends to visit. 

7 comments:

Vinita said...

After coming back to the place you had lived in for umpteen years, don't you miss it all over again. The stores, the nature, the weather, the cleanliness, the "uncrowdedness" and just the joy of taking a deep breath and the feeling of being at home.

rk said...

Hope you are having a good time. Long time no hear!

gwl said...

Nice post....
giftwithlove.com

ahmedabadonnet said...

fantastic...
ahmedabadonnet.com

Unknown said...

The contents are really good…
picturebite.com

shirin goel said...

Interesting…
mumbaiflowerplaza.com

roses said...

Pretty…
rosesandgifts.com