Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Spring vacation to Europe....

No, no you're not seeing things! Yes, my blog is once again up and running and long overdue. Hopefully my once loyal blog fans will return.
I owe this revival to our recent Europe vacation, namely, Spain, Portugal and Morocco....or to be more precise, Madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Lisbon and Tangier! I very faithfully kept a daily journal and jotted down all details so I would not forget later, so even tho our trip is over and done with, I hope I can recreate that feel of a daily blog posting during our vacation. There were days when all I wanted to do after trudgung 7-8 miles in the city, was to come to the hotel room and crash, but I knew that the next day I would not remember all that had happened the previous day, so very diligently I would write in my journal.


All in all it was a fabulous vacation. R and I think maybe even our best vacation we have taken. The weather could have been a bit more cooperative but then again I guess that's why we got decent fares, cos its not peak season as yet. Fortunately we had taken a sweatshirt each, so we didn't freeze. A quick disclaimer here - in almost all the photos, R and I have our sweatshirts on....so it may look like we are wearing the same old clothes everyday. Not true - we did take a daily shower!!! Food scene was just OK till we got to Tangier and then we made up for the last few days. R and I used to joke when we lived in Seattle about signing up for The Amazing Race. For those unfamiliar with this TV show, its about 12 teams of couples who race around the world uncovering clues etc, etc and the winning team getting a million bucks! I'll admit there were days when we felt like we were on the show...trying to get to the airport within minutes of our flight, getting to the museum before closing time, trying to decipher weird Arabic signs, darting into an Internet cafe to book plane tickets at the last minute, using sign language to tell the cab driver where we wanted to go and quickly. Some days we felt if we had been on the show we would have won - we were so energized and so in sync! Other days it felt like we would have been booted out first leg, cos we never agreed on anything and fought all day....what to do, where to eat, when to eat, what to see, which metro station to hop off at and so on. But at the end of it all, we had a fabulous vacation. Lisbon and Barcelona were without doubt our favorite cities and we think it might be fun to live in Barcelona for a month sometime.
BTW, at the end of some posts is a link to more pics which I created on another website. You MAY need to create an account on that website to view them......i am not sure yet.

So anyways, here goes. Enjoy!

No comments: