Friday, September 15, 2006

More tributes.....

We are all still reeling from the loss of Chin and it will be a slow healing process for all. Her body was taken to the crematorium after all the traditional last rite rituals were performed by Raga and his brother. The rituals will continue for the next 12 days culmintaing on the 25th, which is the 13th day. In Indian culture, a son who has the honor of performing the last rites for his mother, is a fortunate son. Raga told me yesterday that these rituals help greatly in the healing process.

Here are some things friends and relatives have to say about Chin -

She was one of the gentlest, softest-spoken people I've ever known......She was so dainty and fragile. - Nimmu Chitti

I know we will all miss Chinakka's presence, and what I will miss the most is how she used to ask me to have a glass of milk every morning! I think now it is important to remember what a wonderful grandmother she was, and not think about how it happened - Gautam

Suryam and I keep remembering her gentle and elegant demeanor - Usha and Suryam


She was a beautiful person with a gentle soul - Krupa

I hope our human resilience will help us focus on Chinakka's kind & gentle legacy and the closely-knit generations of family that she leaves behind. That is what I will be thinking about - Ranjit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI! I don't have an address to send you your W-2 for 2006. Can you please email me with a correct one for you (Raga). My email address is RNichols@FlowCorp.com
I am so sorry to hear about your loss of your mother.