Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Down time.....




Its been a couple of days since my last posting but nothing really that eventful happened. We are finally catching our breath after the craziness of last week. P2 and Jaisri threw an awesome party for us on Saturday and invited some of the “gang”. R and I got an absolutely gorgeous photo holder from Bombay Co. Vinod and Sujatha were the last to arrive and the last to leave…we stayed up till past midnight with Vinod and P2 recalling the pranks they played while in IIT. Then off to bed only to be woken up at 1 am by 2 fire engines that screamed onto our street to put out a chimney fire in the house across the street…I actually watched the whole thing till 2am from the window. I found it all incredibly fascinating!
Spent Sunday sort of tottering around with lack of sleep and the after effects of the previous week. In the evening we moved to another friend’s place in Bellevue, a beautiful house on the hill overlooking Lake Sammamish where we will be till Saturday. Its right next to restaurants and theaters and a perfect place to totally chill and do nothing. All you see around you are mountains and the lake – see attached pics. I am finally getting back to my daily yoga sessions after almost a 2 week hiatus and it feels great. Pottered around Bellevue Square for a while this morning. Cool place! The only reason I didn’t end up buying all kinds of stuff is because I’ll have to lug it all back with me. Then finalized our return trip home from JFK. Still have to work on US road trip accommodations. R got back at about 5.30 and like a good wife I had hot tea and pakoras waiting for him….i told him if he hadn’t made me work all these years I could have done that every day!!! But then he said if I hadn’t worked all these years we couldn’t afford to retire like we are now…Hmmm…good point! I guess I’d rather have it this way 

Speaking of pranks, check this out....

No comments: