Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A new beginning.....


Ok...so i finally gave in and succumbed to it. I started my own blog! Since R and I are starting out on a new adventure, a whole new chapter in our lives, that of returning to India, i figured now is a good time as any, if not the best time. I have also been bombarded by requests from friends to keep them posted on our experiences. So here goes.....

As stated above, R and I are returning to Hyderabad, India after 22 years in the US, 21 of them in Seattle. A lot of reasons contributed to this decision, the most important one being that we felt we needed to be closer to our respective parents back home. I didn't really need a lot of convincing, but when R said i could basically chill out the rest of my life and the only work i would ever have to do is maybe pack a couple of suitcases to travel for 2-3 months every year - i coudn't refuse!

Moving back to India after so long in the US is a monumental task in terms of the amount of planning to be done.....i spend more time making "to do" lists than really doing anything. Some days i am so overwhelmed, i don't know where to begin, so i end up doing nothing! But the time has come to stop procrastinating...and get to it.

In the next few days, i shall try to record my daily thoughts and actions pertaining to this new adventure. It may come across as a bit garbled and i may start rambling a bit....till i become an expert blogger!

Check out this cool video of India...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An excellent beginning, Kamini! For a cmplete computer-illiterate like me what you've done seems tremendous. Great job. Shall be checking each day to keep abreast of your 'unse(a)ttled' activities. Eagerly waiting for your arrival here. Have given in my notice at work so I can be free to spend time with you and raghavan.
Nimmu Chitti